Friday, January 22, 2010
Baby Congratulations Phrases
The other day, after a photo idea, I thought it might be time that I replace the battery in my watch D & G that Chip gave me 2 years ago.
So I disassembled the case, extract the battery and did my little investigation before you leave.
The battery is a SR621SW (aka 364 button).
I see a good offer on Amazon with 5 batteries for $ 4.36 and delivered within 2 days.
I say it would be nice if I have this battery as soon as possible and I am ready to pay a little more to get it on. Radioshack sells for $ 4.99 apparently the unit. I am a jeweler and 2 RadioShack without success when I decided to try my luck in one of the many electronics stores that litter the streets of New York.
Who has never been to New York stores are extremely common and often located in tourist areas of the city. Vendors have generally any recent or not, the converter has the Moldovan 374W plasma TV. These stores are generally tourist traps or prices are made at the head of the customer.
All ca to say I was warmly greeted by a prison guard who was supposed to be a bad day.
I told him exactly what I needed and after 2 minutes he comes back and gives something to another vendor who takes me to the checkout. He told me the price. $ 10. As I have a vague idea about the price I can not help but giggle and the seller corrects a hastily "sorry I meant $ 7.99 plus tax.
I look for the gauge and I replied "No way". He looks
another vendor we launched the fly "leaves, it will not find cheaper ... It's a lithium battery.
In 1990 lithium batteries were can be a panacea but it is EXTREMELY common today. There are very few batteries that are not based on lithium. If I had not known I would have thought I bought a battery has enriched uranium.
I turn to the last seller and I told him that I actually already found ... cheaper on Amazon. That in turn explode into laughter and denigrate Amazon as if it was a good joke that I had him, as if Amazon does not surrendered or was still involved in illegal transactions.
I left his shop in his mirth.
Back at the office ... I ordered from Amazon two days after I had my 5 batteries for $ 4.36, postage free, without fee.
We often hear people say that big corporations are killing the small business. Personally I hope that one day Amazon will have the skin of all those thieves who take advantage of situations.
PS: For those interested I have 4 batteries to resell ... As you are faithful readers and I will sell them a $ 10 plus shipping;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment